Loren Kennedy, Founder & Principal established Kennedy Advisors in 2004. The focus of the firm is twofold. One, to help expanding businesses anywhere in the continental U.S. take advantage of the 3,000 plus City, County and State economic development incentives that are estimated to be in the statutes. If the growth initiative involves a move or new facility, Kennedy Advisors can also provide real estate brokerage services.
The other primary service offered is local, Research Triangle Park, tenant representation services.
Lorenís public finance and public private partnership work has included five city transformational deals in the U.S. Those cities are Jackson, MI, Aliquippa, PA, Durham, NC, Raleigh, NC and Boone, NC. For major corporations such as U.S. Gypsum, Loren has engineered incentive packages of $40M, about double what the early negotiations had yielded. For middle market companies such as Tweetsie Railroad, the final incentive package was valued at $4.3M compared to zero in the earlier negotiations.
On the tenant/buyer representative and site selection side, Loren has worked with companies such as Orbit Energy, TechShop, The News & Observer, Energy Conversion Systems, Explore Beyond School, Renesas Technology America, Shirley and Adams, PLLC, Data Net IT, Aklia Digital Solutions, Hosted Solutions and SEC Associates.
Developer/owner services are always on a confidential basis. Rendered services have included assembling sites for a development, negotiating public finance or securing JV partners or other resources.
Loren and his wife Barbara have for the last fifteen years sought to invest in companies that could make a difference. The current portfolio includes Orbit Energy, Inc., www.orbitenergyinc.com a company with a proprietary technology that converts food waste and other organic waste into compost and renewable electricity. TechShop RDU, LLC www.techshoprdu.com a five location and growing fully equipped shop and education center where members can come to design and build almost anything. Paragon Commercial Bank www.paragoncommercial.com North Carolinaís first business-only bank, formed in 1999.
Lorenís previous experience includes CEO of Chicago Tradeline, Inc, Managing Director of Landauer and Associates and Co-Managing Partner of Master Plan Advisors.
- Management Committee for TechShop RDU
- Advisor to Springleaf Strategies
- Advisor to Paint Dynamics International
- Director and Past President of the Raleigh/Durham Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth
- Chair of the Carolinas Chapter of the Counselors of Real Estate
- Trustee, the Stetson Kennedy Trust
- Past Chair of the Raleigh Chamberís Life Science & Technology Committee
- Past Director Artspace
Dave Bodart provides both business savvy and broker experience, following 18 years of energy, facility, real estate and IT consulting, implementation of related outsourcing solutions and business management. Especially adept at recognizing opportunities for businesses to capitalize during periods of rapid change, Dave creates compelling solutions to reduce clients’ operating and transactional costs. Savings consistently exceed 20% for organizations ranging from small start-ups to Fortune 100, such as Guidant, Crescent Resources, Sageworks, Johnson Controls, Inlet Technologies and The CE Group.
- A challenging assemblage of nearby urban properties for use by a confidential client. This project entails an exceptionally detailed search and evaluation process in order to identify the most advantageous result.
- Advisory services for the selection of best-in-class legal, architectural and lab design resources and process standards for an owner working to creatively re-use a historical textile mill for professional office, performing arts and restaurant use.
- In coordination with Loren Kennedy, developing a critical analysis of the relative economic impact for the local county and for the state resulting from Tweetsie Railroad’s potential expansion or relocation. This analysis will impact decisions on both potential site selection and public sector finance awards.
Management Consulting Experience
In Regional Management and National Business Development roles, Dave was primarily responsible for the solutioning, implementation and ongoing support of complex outsourcing and project services within organizations undergoing major change. Leveraging this prior leadership of regional and national teams within GE, Johnson Controls, The Staubach Company and other smaller firms, Dave now assists clients throughout North Carolina with their space-related problems.
While maintaining client retention above 95%, in the prior 10 years he successfully crafted, negotiated and supervised delivery of service contracts exceeding $83 million.
Education, Community & Professional Organization Involvement
- Dave graduated from Hanover College in Indiana in 1977, and received his Masters in Psychology from The Ohio State University, where he taught for 3 years.
- Additionally, he directed a national woodworking consumer training program for 6 years and computer coursework for several years.
- A passionate woodworker/remodeler, Dave also enjoys officiating swim meets and training new staff for the regional Triangle Swim Association.
- He is a trustee of his church, where he directs a Men’s Service Ministry supporting orphans and widows.
- With his wife Rebeccah he is raising three daughters in the Raleigh area.